Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03091
Location: West Rainton
Inspired by my own struggles with mental health from a young age I knew that my calling was working with people and focusing on well-being. I continued to blog while returning to university to qualify as a Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapeutic Counsellor. I have worked throughout different areas of the sector before taking the plunge to step out on my own. From youngsters wanting guidance to those with long term illness to people in the criminal justice system, I'll never turn anyone away who's bravely reached out for help.
I value individual difference, honesty, integrity, finding your own path, standing out from the crowd, connection and relationships. I strongly believe people can be empowered to find their own answers. I know that I am not a fixer and may not have all the answers, although I may be able to help with a suggestion or two. I know that I am okay to sit with people in chaos. I can tolerate stuckness and I'm not afraid to be afraid or walk into a dark place.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have a FdA and a BaHons in Social Care. From there I continued my studies to qualify with an advanced diploma in both Counselling and Hypnotherapy. Counselling is something which everyone has knowledge of but only some are aware of what to expect in a session. The counselling I do is very person centred, this means it depends on what you bring to the session on how the session progresses.
I have experience in CBT and DBT and can sometimes bring those skills into the session depending on what type of support you are looking for. Sometimes we are just looking to be heard and sometimes we are looking for help but either way a counselling session could be exactly what you need.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Children / teenagers
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken
- British Sign Language