Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-00632
Female, 55, born in London, bred in Essex. I offer counselling online to help people come to terms with their experiences of abuse.
I have years of experience of working with people who have suffered at the hands of other humans and I am here to help you process the experience and come out the other side.
Abuse from a narcissist is a very painful experience, often leaving the person on the receiving end, blaming themselves, wondering what is wrong with them and thinking that they will never be good enough for anyone else.
Recovery from narcissistic abuse can feel a lot like grief. There can often literally be things to grieve, the time you have spent in the relationship, the loss of status, friends, family, housing, jobs, you name it, the narcissist may well have taken it away from you, or seen that you lost it. There may also be the promise of the unfulfilled future to grieve, the carrot the narcissist was dangling has also been lost.
Recovery from a narcissistic relationship is often very complex and may involve an element of co-dependancy, if not at the beginning, definitely by the end of the relationship.
Know that you are not on your own and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Talking about it to a trained professional can often help put the situation into a different perspective and help you work on repairing your boundaries which will almost certainly have been interfered with, if not eroded completely.
I look forward to working with you,
- Qualifications & ExperienceOpen Degree from the Open University. I studied psychology and literature. After my degree I studied for a Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Counselling, which involves the use of person centred counselling, CBT and psycho-dynamic. At the time when I studied Counselling, it was a requirement to spend a year on Basic Counselling, a further year on Intermediate Level followed by a year on a Foundation Level. The Level 4 Diploma was a further two years, whilst completing 100 hours of counselling on placement.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Violence / Victim support